Link to the Class of 2023 application below
Student Sponsor Partners (SSP) Policies and Procedures:
Student Sponsor Partners provides partial tuition support to eligible students in 26 non-public high schools throughout New York City each year. SSP pairs each student with a mentor who serves as a positive influence, a professional role model, and an academic champion for all four years of high school. SSP students achieve great success through outstanding college-preparatory education and dedicated mentors to help guide and motivate them. We look forward to partnering with you in reaching your student’s full potential!
All information submitted in this application is confidential and used solely for the purpose of determining eligibility for an SSP Tuition Award. By completing the application, you grant SSP permission to use the information on this application and/or contact you, the applicant, and the attending school to verify the information. You also grant SSP permission to request and collect GPA, report cards, transcripts, college acceptance, college attendance and any quantitative and qualitative data. You agree to waive and release SSP from all claims in connection with this application. SSP will hold this information in confidence and will not release the name of the applicant or the family name without your expressed permission.
Students of all backgrounds are eligible. SSP does not discriminate on the basis of religion, race, or national origin.
SSP can only accept a limited number of students each year. Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible. Only completed online applications will be reviewed. Completing the application does not guarantee acceptance into our program.
To be eligible for participation in SSP, the candidate must:
1. Be entering 9th grade in September 2019
2. Attend one of SSP’s partner high schools:
|Academy of Mount St. Ursula
All Hallows High School
Aquinas High School
Bishop Kearney High School
Bishop Loughlin High School
Cardinal Hayes High School
Cathedral High School
Christ the King Regional High School
|Cristo Rey New York High School
Cristo Rey Brooklyn
Holy Cross High School
La Salle Academy
Martin Luther High School
Msgr. McClancy Memorial High School
Monsignor Scanlan High School
Mount St. Michael Academy
Nazareth Regional High School
|Preston High School
St. Barnabas High School
St. Francis Preparatory School
St. Jean Baptiste HS
St. Joseph High School
St. Raymond Academy for Girls
St. Raymond High School for Boys
The Mary Louis Academy
3. Take the TACHS exam. For more information about the TACHS exam, including dates, please visit: www.tachsinfo.com or call (866) 618-2247.
Please note application guidelines:
- Priority is given to students presently attending public or charter middle schools. Very limited seats are available for students attending Catholic middle schools. * Please note: Students attending Catholic middle schools in the Archdiocese (Bronx, Manhattan & Westchester) must currently receive a scholarship through Inner-City.
- SSP awards scholarships to students from low-income families. Family income must not exceed $10,000 per person in the household (i.e. $40,000 for a family of four, $50,000 for a family of five, etc.).
- Eligible students must have a 7th and 8th grade GPA between 70 and 85. In addition, students must score below a 4 on standardized ELA and STM exams.
- Students and their families are required to pay $800 towards school tuition each year (subject to change). Please note that students may also have to pay school fees in addition to their tuition payment.
- All SSP accepted students and parents must attend SSP Orientation in addition to the school’s summer readiness program.
- To maintain SSP’s funding over the four years at one of our partner high schools, SSP students must maintain good standing with SSP’s policies and requirements, as well as those of the high school.
- There is no transferring between schools.
- Qualified candidates and parents/guardians will be interviewed before a final decision is made.
- Do not register at a partner school or pay a registration fee until you have received notification in writing by SSP that you have been accepted into the SSP program. There is no guarantee of acceptance.
- There is a $30 application fee.
Click Here to Continue… (You will be required to create a new TADS account or sign in to your existing TADS account.)